Dental Crowns – Tucson, AZ
Improve Functionality by Restoring Your Smile
Broken and decayed teeth are not an uncommon occurrence. For centuries, people have used various materials and techniques to safeguard and strengthen weakened teeth plagued by decay or serious damage. Fortunately, advancements in dentistry and technology now allow for safe and effective restorative options like dental crowns in Tucson. Dr. Lopez and his team can easily repair your smile and improve its functionality with the help of these tried-and-true, custom-made restorations. If you believe you may be a candidate for dental crowns, contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Why Choose Dr. Jay Lopez for Dental Crowns?
- Advanced Dental Technology Used for Accurate Treatment Planning
- Reliable and Long-Lasting Restorations
- Dental Insurance Welcome and Financing Available
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is also referred to as a “cap.” Designed to fit over the chewing surface of a tooth, it helps to protect and strengthen weakened teeth. Dental crowns are often made from various materials such as traditional amalgam, ceramic, porcelain, or many others.
When meeting with your dentist in Tucson to discuss your eligibility for treatment, a dental crown will likely be recommended if you have one of the following:
- A severely decayed tooth that cannot be treated with a standard dental filling
- A damaged tooth that occurs as a result of facial trauma
- A tooth that recently underwent root canal therapy
- A tooth that is replaced with a dental implant
- A tooth that is discolored or stained
- Several missing teeth that are replaced using a dental bridge
The Dental Crown Process
Meeting with Dr. Lopez will allow you to better understand if you are eligible to receive a dental crown and if so, how the process will work. The first step is for our dental team to clear out the damaged or decayed areas of your tooth. Using specific dental instruments, he will remove the necessary parts of the tooth structure before filling it with composite resin to create a tight seal. Once the resin hardens, he will alter the tooth to ensure the finalized crown will fit properly in place.
Taking impressions of your teeth, he will work alongside lab technicians to ensure your new restoration matches the correct size, shape, and color. He will also make sure that your new tooth offers full functionality, added comfort, and a beautiful aesthetic.
Before you leave this first appointment, you’ll receive a temporary crown, which you will wear while your finalized restoration is created. After a few weeks, you will return to our office to have the temporary removed and the permanent crown cemented into place.
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
Dental crowns offer an endless array of benefits. As a patient receiving this type of restorative dentistry, you will be pleased once your finalized restoration is firmly in place and ready for use. Some of the most common advantages that come with dental crowns include:
- Improved functionality when eating and speaking
- Greater confidence because of the aesthetically pleasing restoration and its ability to blend in with the rest of your smile
- Restorations that can last 10-15 years with proper care and maintenance
- Minimal risk for oral health problems by filling and securing a dental crown over your weakened tooth