Invisalign Teen® Is Designed with Young Patients in Mind
Dr. Lopez proudly offers Invisalign Teen®, an innovative orthodontic treatment, designed to meet the specific needs of younger patients. Although Invisalign® treatment can be a great option for individuals of all ages, Invisalign Teen® has special features to make treatment easier for young patients and their parents.
The clear aligner trays can correct most orthodontic issues. These problems include cosmetic concerns, as well as more serious types of malocclusion such as overbites, underbites, and crossbites. If your teen has particularly severe misalignment, Dr. Lopez may recommend Individual Patient (IP) Orthodontics. Dr. Lopez will carry out a full orthodontic evaluation to ensure that Invisalign Teen® is a good option for your child.
How Does Invisalign Teen® Work?
If your teen qualifies for Invisalign® orthodontics, Dr. Lopez will take digital scans of his or her mouth. He will then use these highly precise measurements to design aligner trays made of smooth, BPA-free plastic. Each tray will have a slightly different curvature, and it will exert a slight force on your child’s teeth. Your teen should switch to a new tray approximately every two weeks. He or she should wear the trays 22 hours a day, removing them only to eat and brush his or her teeth. Over about 12 to 18 months, his or her teeth will shift into new positions. Then, your child could enjoy a stunning – and much healthier – smile. Dr. Lopez will provide retainers to maintain the treatment results.
Invisalign Teen® Compared to Standard Invisalign® Treatment
Invisalign Teen® and standard Invisalign® treatment are almost identical. Invisalign Teen® has several important modifications. Dr. Lopez and the makers of Invisalign® know how busy (and forgetful) teens can be. That is why Invisalign Teen® comes with six free replacement aligners. Even if your child loses a tray, the treatment will not involve any extra expense for you. In addition, Invisalign Teen® trays have blue dots that will appear when it is time to switch to a new tray. This system will help keep your teen on top of his or her treatment.
The Cosmetic Advantages of Invisalign Teen®
Teens often struggle with low self-esteem and feeling self-conscious. If your child wears bulky metal braces, it can make them even more self-conscious. This is especially true if he or she undergoes orthodontic care in the later teenage years. Invisalign® trays are nearly undetectable. Therefore, your child can obtain a straighter smile without embarrassment. Plus, he or she will not have to worry about braces in senior portraits, prom photos, and homecoming parades. Best of all, Invisalign Teen® yields stunning results. With proper care, your teen’s straighter smile should last for life.
The Practical Advantages of Invisalign Teen®
Along with the cosmetic rewards of Invisalign Teen®, the treatment also has significant practical benefits. These advantages include:
- Convenience: Invisalign Teen® requires fewer visits to the dentist than standard braces. Thus, treatment will be simpler for you, as well as for your teen.
- Comfort: Compared to traditional braces, smooth Invisalign trays are less likely to irritate your teen’s mouth. Plus, the trays use a gentler force to reposition teeth.
- Easier eating: Your child will be able to remove the trays before eating. Therefore, he or she can continue to enjoy a full range of foods, including things like whole fruit and popcorn.
- Improved oral health: Because the trays are removable, your teen will be able to brush his or her teeth more thoroughly. In contrast, food is likely to get stuck behind metal braces.
- Ability to enjoy more activities: If your teen wears braces, it can affect certain extracurricular activities, such as sports, theater, or playing a musical instrument. With Invisalign Teen®, your teen will be able to enjoy these activities without risk or embarrassment.
Is Invisalign Teen® a Good Treatment Option for Your Teen?
To learn if Invisalign Teen® is a good orthodontic treatment option for your teen, call us today to schedule a complementary initial consultation.