Comprehensive Dental Implant Services
Dr. Jay Lopez offers comprehensive dental implant services in his Tucson, Arizona, office.
As an accomplished implant surgeon and restorative dentist, he is an active member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID) and International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI). Dr. Jay Lopez provides comprehensive implant services in his surgical and restorative dental practice. These services include the surgical placement of implants, restoration of implants with prosthetic teeth, and any necessary soft tissue and bone grafting services.
Dr. Lopez’s passion for aesthetics and optimal health results in the highest quality care and best outcomes. If you have been bothered by your current denture, unable to chew fully, or embarrassed by a gap in your smile, you owe it to yourself to learn what is possible for you. Initial and second opinion dental implant consultations do not obligate you to accept treatment by Dr. Jay Lopez, and these types of appointments are complimentary (free of charge).
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are special posts that are surgically placed into the jawbone to support a prosthetic tooth or denture. Once an implant has integrated in the bone, through the biologic process of osseointegration, it functions like the root of a tooth and, depending on the number of implants placed, it can be used to support a single prosthetic tooth, multi-unit bridge, or even a full denture. Implants are made of medical grade biocompatible titanium that has excellent osseointegration factors and high resistance to corrosion.
Why Dental Implants Are the Preferred Treatment
Traditionally, to replace missing teeth, dentists have treated patients with bridges retained on neighboring natural teeth, removable bridges (partial dentures), and removable complete dentures. Today, implant treatment offers patients more options and multiple benefits. Implant treatment lasts a very long time. With proper home care and regular dental visits, implants might last the rest of your lifetime. Because implants are firmly anchored in bone, the implant crown, multi-unit bridge, or denture will not slip out of place and will provide strong chewing strength. They also offer a very lifelike appearance and help maintain healthy bone by stimulating the bone tissue. Unlike bridges placed on natural teeth and partial dentures that are held with clasps, implant treatment does not impact adjacent healthy teeth. Once an implant is placed to restore a missing tooth, if an adjacent tooth is lost, the existing implant can be used to support a multi-tooth restoration.
In a healthy individual with appropriate bone volume, Implant treatment performed by a well-trained and experienced implant dentist, like Dr. Jay Lopez, is predictably successful. The 3D CBCT computer guided treatment is highly precise.
Available Types of Implant Treatment
- Single Tooth Replacement with an Implant Crown: A single missing tooth can be replaced with a crown supported by an implant.
- Partial and Full Arch Replacement with a Removable Implant Supported Denture: There are two main types of removable implant supported dentures that can be used in place of a traditional removable partial or complete denture. The implant supported denture can be snapped onto locator attachments on a few dental implants, or in the case of replacing an older bar-retained implant denture, on bar attachments. A removable implant denture is removed by the patient for cleaning the denture and mouth.
- Partial and Full Arch Replacement with an Implant Denture using Screw Retention: Multiple missing teeth can often be replaced with a multi-unit bridge (fixed partial denture) supported by implants. In the case of an edentulous full arch (all teeth missing in an arch), a full overdenture can often be retained on a few implant posts with screw retention. With screw retention, the patient cleans their denture in place and only a dentist can remove the screws for examination and to provide clinical care as needed.
Advantages of Dental Implant Treatment at Jay Lopez, D.D.S.
- All the services you want and need are within one dental practice, including IV sedation.
- Because of our Digital 3D Cone Beam Computed Tomography (3D CBCT images) precision in planning, and treatment is optimal.
- The creation of Platelet Rich Fibrin from your blood sample and its application by Dr. Lopez ensures faster healing and comfort.
- Digital Smile Design allows you to see how your smile will be transformed.
- Dr. Jay Lopez has many years of experience achieving aesthetic smile makeovers and full mouth restoration with implant treatment. He can well serve you finding a solution that is best for you.
- Dr. Lopez and his team want the absolute best for their patients. You will be fully informed and treated with utmost professionalism and care.
What Is the First Step in Implant Treatment?
The first step is to have Dr. Lopez evaluate your total oral health needs and health status. Implant treatment sometimes requires the enhancement of bone tissue, the removal of failing teeth, and plans to coordinate implant treatment with additional treatment you need. Your oral exam will be thorough and include digital x-rays and Digital 3D Cone Beam Computed Tomography images. Dr. Lopez will explain your options to you and fully inform you, so you can make the decision that is most appropriate for you.
We invite you to call to schedule your initial complimentary implant consultation with Dr. Jay Lopez.
More articles on our website: