About Our Doctor
Jay Lopez, DDS Why chose Dr. Lopez
“Dentistry is part Science, part Art, and a whole lot of Passion and Pride.”
-Jay R. Lopez D.D.S
Patients choose Dr. Lopez for many reasons.
- Dr. Lopez and his team provide personalized, exceptional care, focusing on your needs, comfort, and preferences. Ample time is always scheduled to give you the attention you deserve.
- Dr. Lopez has extensive training in aesthetic (cosmetic), restorative, and reconstructive dentistry. He has a true gift for using state-of-the-art dentistry to address a wide range of dental needs. Dr. Jay Lopez is one of the few dentists who have completed training to use an advanced technology system called Digital Smile Design (DSD). This innovative imaging system elevates the pre-treatment experience and allows for greater dental precision and accuracy than ever before.
- Dr. Lopez is able to develop sensible treatment plans for routine and complex cases and put them within reach of just about anyone. Our patients are provided with the technical and aesthetic information they need for making their best, informed decision, including Digital Smile Design simulation of their future smile.
- Our treatment plans offer a range of cosmetic and reconstructive outcomes, always including the practical details of having timely treatment that is easily accessible and affordable.
- Patients are assured access to the latest technologies that provide the greatest amount of choice.
- Dr. Lopez’s training and certifications are applied to all aspects of our treatment, including; crowns, bridges, dentures, veneers, onlays, root canals, orthodontics, oral surgery, sinus lifts and implants.
- Treatments include bone and tissue grafting and immediate denture prosthetics.
- Dr. Jay Lopez offers sedation options, including IV sedation.
Dr. Jay R. Lopez is a 4th generation Tucson native. He graduated from the University of Arizona with a Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering. He then earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Colorado Health Science Center, School of Dentistry. Dr. Lopez has been practicing dentistry since 1997.
Dr. Lopez is a member of various local and national dental organizations including:
- American Orthodontic Society (AOS)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- Seattle Study Club (SSC)
- American Academy for Oral Systemic Health (AAOSH)
- American Academy of Private Physicians (AAPP)
- Pima Dental Study Group
- Interdisciplinary Treatment Planning Study Group
- Arizona Dental Association (AzDA)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- Southern Arizona Dental Society
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Graduate and Mentor of the prestigious Kois Center, advanced post-doctorate curriculum, in Seattle, Washington
Learn more about the Kois Center, a clinical program for which Dr. Lopez is a clinical instructor. The Kois Center offers education for the latest advances in aesthetics, implants, and restorative dentistry.